For Grilled Chicken
4 pcs chicken thigh or breast
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp calamansi juice or lime juice
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup barbecue marinade
3 cloves garlic, crushed
salt and pepper
For Mashed Sweet Potatoes
3 medium sized sweet potatoes (kamote), boiled and peeled
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
For Grilled Chicken:
1. Bring water into a boil and cook chicken for 5 minutes. Drain all the water and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized container with lid, combine all ingredients except for butter. Turn each side of the chicken until fully coated. Cover and let it stand for an hour.
3. Pre-heat grill.
4. Place each chicken in a griller and flip each side until thoroughly cooked. Top with a slice of butter while hot to add flavor and gloss.
For Mashed Sweet Potatoes:
1. In a large bowl, mash boiled sweet potatoes until smooth.
2. Add butter and milk. Mix well.
3. Season with salt and pepper (optional). Serve with chicken. Keep it warm.