Comfort food made easy with this popular staple. Recipe by Karen Humilde.
3 large potatoes, unpeeled and washed
10 pieces fried bacon, chopped
1 can of button mushrooms, sliced
cream of mushroom sauce
salt and pepper
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes
1. Boil potatoes in water for 20 minutes. This will reduce the cooking time in half. Then, preheat the oven to 300 F.
2. Cut the potatoes in half and carve out each side using a spoon. Place it in a small bowl and mix it with cream of mushroom, salt and pepper.
3. Put 1 teaspoon of garlic-flavored margarine on each carved potato and then scoop a spoonful of the mixture on each side.
4. Put it in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
5. Garnish with mushrooms, cheddar cheese, fried bacon and chopped parsley. Serve hot.
Note: You can add the cheddar cheese in the middle of cooking time to create a melted cheese effect.