A 20-minute pasta recipe for longganisa lovers. Recipe by Karen Humilde.
Serves 5 to 6
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
1 medium size white onion, chopped
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup tomato sauce
4 to 5 tbsp Sundried Tomato Pesto (Filippo Berio)
500 grams hamonado longganisa (or any longganisa of your choice)
300 grams linguine pasta, cooked according to package directions
Parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon seasoning mix
salt and pepper to taste
1. Fry longganisa until brown. Slice in bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
2. In a separate saucepan, sauté onions in olive oil until translucent. Add garlic and longganisa.
3. Add tomato sauce and Sun dried Tomato Pesto. Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
4. Season with seasoning mix, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Toss sauce with cooked linguine pasta.
6. Served topped with grated Parmesan cheese.